Virtual College provides an innovative solution to delivering apprenticeships that will reduce delivery costs whilst improving quality. We have developed a series of 6 e-Learning modules – Our modules are learner driven, easy to track for your assessors and designed to match SASE requirements. This Introduction to Health and Safety course forms part of the Apprenticeship Foundation Level.
Employers must ensure that employees, including those studying for an apprenticeship, are not exposed to risks to their health and safety. This course has therefore been designed to introduce learners to the health and safety issues that they will witness throughout their Apprenticeship programme.
By completing this course you should be able to:
- Recognise the basic elements of health and safety as required at the outset of your apprenticeships.
- Summarise how health and safety is applied in your workplace whilst you are learning.
- Identify the rights and responsibilities of yourself, your employer and your training provider.
- Explain what happens if there is an accident.
Areas covered include:
- Introduction to Health and Safety
- Learner Entitlements and Provider Responsibilities
- Staying Safe at Work
- Staying Safe Whilst Training
- Top Tips
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is designed for all entrants to the Virtual College Apprenticeship Programme.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.